- Duotrope is an awesome site for locating journals and publishers. It’s my second favorite website.
- Allison Joseph’s CRWROPPS is a great list to visit or have emailed to you everyday.
- New Pages Calls for Submissions. A list of recent journals calls for submissions.
- All the poetry book publishers in the world.
- Presses and publishers with open readings for full-length poetry manuscripts:
- Journals that publish long poems:
- Poetry book and chapbook contests:
- http://redactions.com/book_contests.asp (fairly up to date).
- Every poetry journal with “Review” in their title:
- Modern American Poetry – “Extraordinary in its depth and breadth, and a one-of-a-kind resource for teaching modern American poetry, MAPS provides a single clearinghouse for some of the best criticism on the best poets of our time.”
- The Modernist Journal Project. “The Modernist Journals Project is a major resource for the study of modernism in the English-speaking world, with periodical literature as its central concern.”
- Deep Image Writings – So much good source materials, like early journals, of Deep Imagism.
- The Museum of American Poetics.
- For the Vorticist in you, http://www.vorticism.co.uk/.
A Few Poetry Journals
- Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose – the journal where I am the editor.
- Sugar House Review has quickly risen to be one my favorite magazines. I’d love it just because the journal is beautifully put together – great layout on wonderful paper. Plus, it’s got strong poems.
- Memorious. A terrific online poetry journal edited by Rebecca Morgan Frank.
- Town Creek Poetry. A good online poetry journal edited by Dan Morris and William Wright.
- Verse Daily.
- Chapter 1 of 10 of Poetry Assignments: The Book (Online):